AMARILLO, Texas (KAMR/KCIT) The Amarillo Police Department offers tips for staying safe this summer and for the upcoming summer vacation.
APD offered tips for visiting drinking establishments saying:
- Go with the people you came with.
- If you decide to move on with someone new, have a backup plan and a way to regain control over where you are and where you’re going. Don’t be dependent on a stranger!
- If you choose to drink in a bar, restaurant or other establishment that serves alcohol It is always best not to accept drinks from a stranger. If you haven’t seen it poured, you better pour it.
- Do not leave your drinks unattended and if you move bring them with you! A lot can happen in a second – Check this – https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cap7EA4Mrja/
- Be aware of how you feel. If the way you feel doesn’t match the amount you’ve consumed, ask someone you really know for help.
- Bring a sober friend!!! They are perfect for getting you home safely; not only in terms of driving, but also to help keep an eye on things while you’re away.
- Download an app. A circle of 6 from Circulo will notify 6 selected contacts if you are in danger or need help. Life 360 - share your location with trusted friends if you’re separated Noonlight – offers a simple, easy-to-use app to let your friends know (without alerting others) where you are and if you need help.
- If you are a victim or observe such a situation, please call the police as soon as possible.
- To anyone thinking of putting anything in someone else’s food or drink, don’t, it’s illegal. It’s a felony under Section 22.09 of the Texas Criminal Code. Tampering with a consumer product. This may also incur other charges depending on the circumstances.